About the position
The Compliance and Governance Coordinator will work closely with the Co-Executive Director responsible for operations to ensure that the organisation is compliant with its own reporting and external compliance requirements.
The Compliance and Governance Co-ordinator has the following primary responsibilities:
- Provide secretariat function to the Board
- Coordinate all logistical arrangements for the Board and Management team meetings
- Take minutes for Board and Management Meetings
- Co-ordinate the internal and external reporting compliance of the organisation
- Assist with the compilation of the operational plan
Duties and responsibilities
- Meetings: Assist with the co-ordination of the board and management meetings including arranging logistics and the taking of minutes.
- Compliance: Maintain the monthly internal compliance schedule by tracking compliance against submission of reports on a monthly basis.
- Legal compliance: Maintenance of the organisations registration and legal status and maintain the organisation’s external compliance with the Companies and Intellectual Properties Commission (CIPC) and Department of Social Development.
- Submission of reports: Submit audit and annual reports to relevant government entities.
- Calendar: Maintain and distribute the monthly organisational calendar to staff.
- Support the development of the operational plan and reporting against the operation plan.
Qualification and experience
- College diploma or secretarial school qualification required. A degree would be an advantage.
- 5 to 7 years relevant experience with a proven track record in a similar capacity
- Experience in donor/or international NGO environment will be an advantage.
- Professional communication skills and excellent writing skills
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize time and work effectively
- Strong people skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Highly motivated, confident communicator with the ability to engage with people at all levels
- Pays attention to detail and displays a high level of integrity
- Able to multi-task and is deadline driven
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work across diverse cultural backgrounds
- Create, develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and external partners
- Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae and a motivation letter (please provide contact details of three referees) detailing experience to Sonke’s Human Resource Unit via email to email@example.com, closing date 16 February 2018.
- For non-South Africans nationals or permanent residents, it is the responsibility of the applicant to attain a work permit from the Department of Home Affairs, and employment will depend on a valid work permit being in place.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 15 March 2018, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- The organisation reserves the right not to make an appointment.