The Electoral Code of Conduct must be agreed to by:
- every registered party before the party takes part in an election
- every candidate before he/she is placed on the list of candidates.
Parties and candidates must stick to the code and must:
- let the public know about the Code
- promote the purpose of the Code
support efforts to educate voters.
Parties and candidates must also inform the public that all people have the right:
- to be free to express their political beliefs and to be part of any political party
- to join in any political campaigns, marches or public meetings.