Parties and candidates must:
- Speak out against political violence and threats against other parties, the Electoral Commission, members of the public and the media
- Let the authorities know about planned marches or rallies
- Communicate with other political parties about planned political events
- Recognise the authority of the Electoral Commission
- Work with the Electoral Commission structures and allow them to perform their duties
- Work with the police in their investigation of election crime and violence
- Accept the results of the election or challenge the result in court.