The Department of Home Affairs closed the Cape Town Refugee Reception Office in July 2012. This meant the Cape Town RRO was no longer fully-functional, and would only operate for those who had lodged their claims for refugee status prior to the closure.
- What is a Refugee Reception Office (RRO)?
- What is the process for someone applying for asylum?
- Why was the Cape Town RRO closed?
- Why is the Cape Town RRO being re-opened in 2018?
- Why does Cape Town need an RRO?
- What is meant to happen next?
- What are the solutions to the challenges in the asylum and immigration regime?
- Why should I care?
- A Timeline of Refugee Rights in South Africa