Sonke Gender Justice, established in 2006, is an organisation that strives to prevent domestic and sexual violence, reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS and promote gender equality and human rights. Sonke’s work is in all of South Africa’s nine provinces and also in 22 countries across Southern, Eastern, Central and Western Africa, and globally in partnership with United Nations agencies, members of the Men Engage Alliance and other international networks and affiliates. Sonke is a founding member of MenEngage, a global alliance made up of dozens of country networks across the world, hundreds of non- governmental organisations as well as UN partners.
To design and update the Sonke brand guidelines and improve the overall visual identity of Sonke Gender Justice, including production of visual assets.
Scope of the assignment
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Communications Manager the consultant will undertake the following tasks:
Design and update the Sonke’s Brand Guidelines
- Develop a broad design concept, along with design components, a colour palette, and a typography (through an iterative process involving communications unit and review of various draught versions).
- Redesign and modernise Sonke’s visual identity.
- Create and develop user-friendly templates as well as other pertinent materials, such as Microsoft templates, email signatures, templates for social media cards, banners, and letterheads.
- Update Sonke’s logo, which can be readily copied in colour or black and white and in a range of sizes and formats (including electronic and print), while retaining clarity and its overall effect.
- Provide ideas for unified branding on illustrations and photos.
- Provide advisory services for the product designs as required.
- Update the Sonke Brand Guidelines.
Required Qualifications and Experience of the Consultancy firm/individual
- Degree in a relevant discipline (Graphic design, Multimedia Journalism, Mass Communication, Arts, or similar),
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience designing various logos, print materials, developing illustrations for non-profit organisations,
- The designer must be highly proficient in the use of graphics applications such as Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Photoshop and InDesign,
- Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms.
- Portfolio with samples in graphic design.
- Knowledge of key branding and corporate identity concepts and a flair for design.
Duration of the consultancy
The consultancy will be carried out over a period of one month, starting as soon as possible.
Selection process and shortlisting
A panel constituted by Sonke Gender Justice will review for shortlisting all received applications on amongst others the following criteria:
- Understanding of the brief
- Quality and experience of consultants and company
- Overall cost
- Proven ability to research, analyse, evaluate and synthesize complex information and present it in a user-friendly and visually appealing format.
Interested parties should submit the following:
- CV and letter of expression to email@example.com
- Outline and a proposal (max 5 pages) for a suggested approach
- Financial proposal per task with key budget information
- Portfolio or past work samples
December 23rd, 2022. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to acknowledge each one individually.