With offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Agincourt, Sonke works globally, and especially across Africa, to strengthen government, civil society and citizen capacity to take action to promote gender equality, prevent domestic and sexual violence and reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS. In this way the organisation contributes to the development of societies in which men, women, youth and children can enjoy equitable, healthy and happy relationships that contribute to the development of just and democratic societies (see https://genderjustice.org.za/).
About the position
The Executive Assistant will work closely with the Co-Executive Directors in ensuring that the organisation is compliant both with its own reporting requirements as well as its external compliance requirements, will maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the work of the organisation and will provide secretariat functions to the Board and Co-Executive Directors of Sonke. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for taking and drafting the minutes of the board and management team meetings and other ad hoc meetings and will assist with all logistics relating to the Board, Senior Management Team and Full Management Team meetings and assist with the compilation of the operational plan and will execute tasks at a high level which includes:
- Coordination of management meetings;
- Management of diaries of the Co-Executive Directors;
- Provision of high level administrative planning, coordination, operational and logistical support to the Board, Senior Management Team and Full Management Teams;
- Assist ing the Co-Executive Directors with the compilation of the operational plan; and
- Ensuring compliance internally and externally in adherence to statutory requirements.
Qualification and experience
- College diploma or secretarial school qualification required. A degree would be an advantage.
- 5 to 7 years relevant experience with a proven track record in a similar capacity.
- Experience in donor/or international NGO environment will be an advantage.
- Professional communication skills and excellent writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize time and work effectively;
- Strong people skills with the ability to work under pressure;
- Highly motivated, confident communicator with the ability to engage with people at all levels;
- Pays attention to detail and displays a high level of integrity;
- Able to multitask and is deadline driven;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work across diverse cultural backgrounds; and
- Create, develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and external partners.