Sonke Gender Justice seeks to hire a suitably qualified consultant to develop logo and branding materials for linking policy and implementation for the gender equality programme. The consultant is also expected to work closely with the communications coordinator wherever possible to ensure congruence in the deliverables of this consultancy.
Sonke Gender Justice, established in 2006, is an organisation that strives to prevent domestic and sexual violence, reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS and promote gender equality and human rights. Sonke’s work is in all of South Africa’s nine provinces and also in 22 countries across Southern, Eastern, Central and Western Africa, and globally in partnership with United Nations agencies, members of the Men Engage Alliance and other international networks and affiliates. Sonke is a founding member of MenEngage, a global alliance made up of dozens of country networks across the world, hundreds of non- governmental organisations as well as UN partners.
MenEngage works collectively and individually towards advancing gender justice, human rights, and social justice to achieve a world in which all can enjoy healthy, fulfilling and equitable relationships and their full potential. The global Alliance consists of representatives from each continent who in turn coordinate the country networks in their respective continents. Sonke is also the secretariat and co-chair of MenEngage Africa (MEA) Alliance, which consists of 22 networks in 22 countries. Sonke provides capacity building and technical support to partners within the MEA Alliance.
MEA, the Africa regional network of the MenEngage Global Alliance, is a network of civil society organisations and activists formed in 2006 with the goal of working in partnership to promote the engagement of men and boys in achieving gender equality, preventing HIV, promoting human rights and reducing violence at all levels across the continent, including questioning the structural barriers that drive gender inequalities.
To develop branded materials (logo, PowerPoint template, forms, letterheads for the Linking policy and implementation for gender equality programme
Scope of the assignment
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Communications Coordinator and Programs Coordinator the consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- Design a logo (through an iterative process involving the development and review of draft versions of various logos) for the programme
- Design a logo which can be easily reproduced in a variety of sizes and formats (including electronic and print), and photocopied in colour or black and white, while maintaining clarity and its overall effect.
- Design a document folder of versions of various colour palette, Typography and Symbols
- Provide sourcing of graphics elements like photographic images and maps
- Prepare power point templates
- All these designs must be aligned with ADA branding guidelines
Required Qualifications and Experience of the Consultancy firm/individual
- Degree in a relevant discipline (Graphic design, Multimedia Journalism, Mass Communication, Arts, or similar),
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience designing various logos, print materials, developing illustrations for non-profit organisations,
- The designer must be highly proficient in the use of graphics applications such as Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Photoshop and InDesign,
- Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms.
- Portfolio with samples in graphic design.
Duration of the consultancy
The consultant is expected to be done with the assignment between December 20th 2022 and January 12th, 2023.
Selection process and shortlisting
A panel constituted by Sonke Gender Justice will review for shortlisting all received applications on amongst others the following criteria:
- Understanding of the brief
- Quality and experience of consultants and company
- Overall cost
Interested parties should submit the following:
- CV and letter of expression to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outline and a proposal (max 5 pages) for a suggested approach
- Financial proposal per task with key budget information
15 December 2022