With offices in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Agincourt, Sonke works globally, and especially across Africa, to strengthen government, civil society and citizen capacity to take action to promote gender equality, prevent domestic and sexual violence and reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS. In this way the organisation contributes to the development of societies in which men, women, youth and children can enjoy equitable, healthy and happy relationships that contribute to the development of just and democratic societies (see https://genderjustice.org.za/).
About the position
The HR Administrator will work closely with the HR Manager and HR Coordinator providing administrative support to the HR unit in the various Human Resource functions.
Specific duties and responsibilities
The HR Administrator will be responsible for administrative tasks in relation to the following; viz;
- Recruitment and Selection
- Development of orientation programme for new employees
- Leave administration
- Procurements and travel requests for the HR team
- Co-ordination and minute-taking of meetings
- Exit interviews
- Updating the organisations organogram monthly
- Updating personnel files
Qualifications and experience requirements
- HR Diploma
- 2 to 3 years HR administration experience
Competencies and skills required
- Confident, assertive communicator who can work comfortably with diverse groups of people and across all levels;
- Excellent writing skills in English and preferably, but not required, another South African language;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines; and
- Planning and time management skills are essential.