Founded in 2006, Sonke is a womxn’s rights organisation that is committed to feminist principles, using a rights-based and gender transformative approach to achieve human rights and gender justice. Our vision is a poverty free world in which womxn, children, men and gender non-conforming individuals enjoy equitable, caring, healthy and happy relationships that contribute to the development of gender just and democratic societies. Sonke strengthens governments, civil society and citizen’s capacity to advance gender justice and womxn’s rights, prevent gender-based violence, and reduce the spread of HIV and the impact of AIDS, and in this way contributing to social justice and the elimination of poverty.
About this internship
The HR intern will be based in the HR Unit and will work closely with the HR Manager and the HR Co-ordinator, working on a range of HR administrative tasks, including providing desk-top research support.
During your internship, you will work with all aspects of Human Resource Management which will include the following.
- Assist HR team with recruitment and selection;
- Assist with the implementation of Employee Wellness programme;
- Assist with the implementation of the Staff development programme;
- Assist with the drafting of relevant HR policies;
- Assist with the implementation (roll-out) of HR policies;
- Conduct exit interviews; and
- General HR tasks
Qualifications and Experience
- Honours Degree in Human Resource Management. Master’s degree an advantage.
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation
- Competent in MS Office
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Interested applicants should submit their CV, including 2 references and a motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26 February 2021.
- The organisation reserves the right not to make an appointment.