SheDecides is a global political movement driving change, fuelled by actions in communities, with young people at its heart. The movement was born in January 2017 as a result of the reinstatement and expansion of the Global Gag Rule and has grown significantly since then.
The movement seeks a Regional Movement Supporter (Africa), to support the growing movement in Africa.
The Regional Movement Supporter (Africa) will:
- Design and implement movement building initiatives that facilitate the emergence, growth and sustainability of local movements in the region.
- Support Local Movements in their work to stand up and speak out, change the rules.
- Promote the growth of the regional network of individual and organisational Friends.
- Facilitate meaningful youth engagement, and strong political action at the local & regional level.
- Design and support impact of local movements in global initiatives.
- Develop and sustain strategic relationships, strengthening SheDecides by deepening key alliances and forging stronger links with regional sister movements.
Education & Qualifications
First degree level in a related discipline e.g. public policy, international development, social or political sciences, gender. Masters level or equivalent desirable.
- Significant experience in a related discipline: public policy, women’s rights, international development, political sciences, movement building, community organizing, campaigning.
- Experience in advancing gender equality and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR).
- In depth knowledge of women’s movement and gender organizations throughout the region.
- Experience in organizing, campaigning and mobilizing in country and/or in the region.
- A self-starter that can prioritize supporting others to achieve collective goals, with resilience and interpersonal flexibility. The nature of the position will change through time.
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills, to work effectively and credibly in a diverse, multicultural environment.
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and oral communication skills & advanced level of French.
- For a detailed description of the position click here.
- Interested applicants should complete the application form found here.
- If you do not hear from us by 28 February 2020, please consider your application unsuccessful.