Founded in 2006, Sonke is a women’s rights organisation that is committed to feminist principles, using a rights-based and gender transformative approach to achieve human rights and gender justice. Our vision is a poverty-free world in which women, children, men and gender non-conforming individuals enjoy equitable, caring, healthy and happy relationships that contribute to the development of gender just and democratic societies. Sonke strengthens governments, civil society and citizen’s capacity to advance gender justice and women’s rights, prevent gender-based violence and reduce the spread of HIV and the impact of AIDS, and in this way contribute to social justice and the elimination of poverty.
About the Position
The RPN Administrative Coordinator will report to the RPN Unit Manager and will be a crucial member of the support team for Sonke’s regional and international programmatic activities working closely with colleagues in the Regional Programmes Network team. The administrative coordinator will have strong planning, coordination and budgeting skills; and will be a team player who understands project support within the project management cycle.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Maintain a filing and data management system for unit activities including maintaining a database of project documents and partner contacts.
- Prepare logistics in relation to partners travel arrangements, per diems, meetings and events such as regional planning meetings and training events.
- Minute taking and administrative support in meetings where necessary.
- Support project staff with payments, reconciliations and follow-up on payments with finance.
- Support unit processes, i.e., timesheets and monthly reports
- Support disbursement of funds to Sonke’s sub-grant partners, in collaboration with team members
- Provide administrative support for RPN activities
- Coordinate and facilitate workshop arrangements including catering, venue hire, materials for meetings etc.
- Maintain an up-to-date calendar of unit activities
- Serve as the primary point of direct administrative contact liaison with CRPP/MenCare staff, external institutions and partners in a range of specified issues
- Responsible for preparing monthly supervision reports and time sheets
- Attend to queries and requests from external stakeholders and donors
- Provide support with the compilation of documents for funding proposals and applications
- Create and/or deliver donor reports as needed
- Participate in the development of the RPN annual work plan
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Transcribe individual interviews for analysis on request
- Ensure routine data submission
- Capturing of pre and post questionnaires and other relevant data on excel spreadsheet
- Organise, review and follow up of project reports for projects
- Support RMEL in drafting conceptual frameworks as required
- Support with the coordination of evaluations/endline/baseline reports for MenCare projects in conjunction with the RMEL unit as required.
Unit management support
- Assist with expense reconciliations.
- Provide logistical support check.
- Provide support for audit requirements.
- Ensure that the RPN team submits compliance documents.
- Logistical support with travel requirements.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and other staff members in support of the unit’s work.
- Provide support with the operational plan as needed.
Budgeting and compliance
- Support project coordinators with tracking expenses for budget management.
- Support management and finance with reallocations as needed.
- Participation in budget development and transferral.
- Ensure strict compliance to Sonke’s internal policy protocols.
- Provide regular feedback to RPN on performance regarding compliance.
- Provide technical assistance to internal staff members on Fraxion.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant undergraduate degree in social sciences
- Postgraduate diploma is advantageous
- Minimum of 3 years experience working within the development sector
- 1-2 years experience working on matters related to men, gender, HIV and/or SRHR, preferably assisting programme management in these areas.
- Strong planning, coordination and budgeting skills
- Administrative skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written English skills
- Previous research and writing skills will be an advantage
- Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae, and a motivation letter detailing your experience and contact details of 3 referees to Sonke’s Human Resource Unit via email to email@example.com, closing date 30 June 2022.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- For non-South African nationals, it is the responsibility of the applicant to attain a work permit from the Department of Home Affairs; employment will depend on a valid work permit being in place.
- Sonke is committed to racial and gender transformation and encourages previously disadvantaged individuals to apply.
- If you do not hear from us by 31 July 2022, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Sonke reserves the right not to make an appointment.