Founded in 2006, Sonke is a women’s rights organisation that is committed to feminist principles, using a rights-based and gender-transformative approach to achieve human rights and gender justice. Our vision is a poverty-free world in which women, children, men and gender non-conforming individuals enjoy equitable, caring, healthy and happy relationships that contribute to the development of gender-just and democratic societies. Sonke strengthens governments, civil society and citizen’s capacity to advance gender justice and women’s rights, prevent gender-based violence, and reduce the spread of HIV and the impact of AIDS, and in this way contributing to social justice and the elimination of poverty.
About this Internship
Sonke Gender Justice is looking to appoint a Research, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (RMEL) Intern to be based in Cape Town or Johannesburg for the period 20 March 2023 to 20 June 2023
The successful candidate would preferably be in the process of completing a postgraduate qualification as a flexible timetable would be necessary. This paid position would require 3-4 days a week in the office, however, this is open to negotiation.
- Recently graduated with a formal qualification in M&E or relevant fields e.g., Public Health, Human Rights, Social anthropology, Community development, and Statistics and Economic Sciences
- Can work well in a diverse team, target driven and hardworking
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodology
- Experience in designing and implementing data collection tools
- Analytical skills, both in qualitative and quantitative data analysis would be advantageous
- Willingness to participate in and undertake a variety of tasks, not limited to: fieldwork, instrument design, data analysis, and data capturing.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with a diverse team of people within Human Rights and Advocacy spaces.
- Exceptional skills in data verification and validation methods.
To apply, submit:
- A cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the position and your CV;
- A certified copy of your highest qualification/degree obtained;
- A writing sample of about 10 pages; and
- Please email email@example.com with the subject line “RMEL Intern” by 10 March 2023