Tomorrow, 30th November 2015, Itumeleng Komanyane, manager of Sonke’s International Programmes and Networks unit, will moderate a pre-conference side event organised in partnership with SAfAIDS. Titled “Tides of Change”, the session focuses on empowering the youth for HIV prevention.
VENUE: Youth Pavilion in the Community Village.
TIME: 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Renias Mudingi (SAfAIDS) on Engaging youth in SRHR and HIV prevention – The Zimbabwean experience.
- Remmy Shawa (Sonke Gender Justice) on Youth and HIV – A MenEngage Africa campaign.
- Sydney Hushie (ICASA Youth Force) on The regional response of youth in HIV Prevention and the global agenda.
- Nyasha Sithole (My Age Zimbabwe) on Young women in the forefront of the HIV response.
- Nyari Mashayamombe (Tag A LIfe International) on Feminism, Culture and HIV.
Speeches will be followed by a condom use demonstration by the CONDOMIZE! Campaign.
We invite all young people, youth organisations and individuals attending the #ICASA2015 in Harare, Zimbabwe, and who have an interest in youth-focused interventions, to come join us for this exciting session.