Sonke, UNAIDS and IPPF in high level meeting on men, gender and HIV/AIDS
Today (December 10th) Sonke co-hosts a high level meeting on men, gender and HIV and AIDS in Geneva with UNAIDS and IPPF which will urge member states, the UN and development partners to pay increased attention to engaging men in the AIDS response, including by implementing gender equality education and improving men’s access to and use of HIV services.
Read the 2016-2021 strategy here.
View photos from the meeting here.
UNAIDS Facebook page videos with meeting participants
- The Guardian – World Aids Day: ‘We need to end stigma and change our ideas about manhood’
- New America Weekly – How to get to zero AIDS deaths: Bring in the men
- Huffington Post – What are the Rights, Roles and Responsibilities of Men in Fast Tracking the End of AIDS?
- Mail & Guardian – HIV treatment: Where are the men?
- Heard.org – HIV has a woman’s face, and AIDS looks like a dying man
- Huffington Post – This World AIDS Day, Let’s Redefine What It Means to Be a Man
- The Conversation – What the death of two men teaches us about our blind spot in the AIDS response