With a full-time staff of 100 people working from offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Agincourt, Sonke works globally, and especially across Africa, to strengthen government, civil society and citizen capacity to take action to promote gender equality, prevent domestic and sexual violence and reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS. In this way, the organisation contributes to the development of societies in which men, women, youth and children can enjoy equitable, healthy and happy relationships that contribute to the development of just and democratic societies (see https://genderjustice.org.za/).
The Data Capturer will be responsible for the capturing of data from various source documents into the computer system for storage, processing and management purposes.
Key duties and responsibilities
Data capturing: Preparation, compilation, sorting and capturing of data.
Reporting: Timely collation and submission of reports.
Administration: Adherence to HR, finance, administration and procurement policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize time and work effectively;
- Strong people skills with the ability to work under pressure;
- Highly-motivated, confident communicator with the ability to engage with people at all levels;
- Pays attention to detail and displays a high level of integrity;
- Able to multi-task and is deadline orientated;
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work across diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Innovative and creative, able to see new opportunities; and
- Reflective and open to learning.
Qualification and experience
- Matric certificate
- College certificate / Diploma in Administration
- IT and database skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce will be advantageous
- Proven data capturing experience