About the organization
With a full-time staff of about 100 people working from offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town, and Agincourt, Mpumalanga, Sonke works across Africa to strengthen government, civil society and citizen capacity to support men and boys to take action to promote gender equality, prevent domestic and sexual violence and reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS. In this way the organisation contributes to the development of societies in which men, women, youth and children can enjoy equitable, healthy and happy relationships that contribute to the development of just and democratic societies.
About the internship
The HR intern will provide the HR department with administrative and research support and will gain exposure in a supervised environment to all HR functions.
During your internship, you will be placed in Sonke’s Cape Town office and will work with all aspects of Human Resource Management. You will work closely with the HR Manager, who is your line manager and mentor during this internship.
Applications are invited from students who have qualified in H.R. in 2015 and would like to gain work experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the HR team with HR related research
- Assist the HR team with staffing and recruitments
- Assist with the implementation of the Employee Wellness programme
- Assist with the implementation of the Staff development programme
- Assist with the amendment and compilation of relevant HR policies
- Assist with administration of compensation and benefits; employee health and safety & other general H.R. tasks.
Qualifications and Experience
- B. Degree in Human Resource Management. Honours/Masters Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Competent in MS Office
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good writing and communication skills