Sonke Gender Justice (SGJ) is a womxn’s rights organisation that is committed to feminist principles, using a rights-based and gender-transformative approach to achieve human rights and gender justice
The Sex Worker Rights’ Project within SGJ focusses on working within partnerships and coalitions to advocate and lobby for the decriminalisation of sex work in South Africa. SGJ is part of the Asijiki Coalition and, as such, we are seeking a short- term consultancy to boost social media on the Coalition’s website relating to sex worker rights, as well as media towards strengthening and building the Coalition itself.
Details of the Contract
Increase social media posts on sex work, sex workers and sex worker clients. Create online posts, tools, and a social media content plan strategy in line with national and international community commemoration dates and events. This will include challenging stereotypes about sex workers, sex worker clients, generate positive, contextualised and evidence-based popular news articles towards increasing social media postings and increasing reach.
- Preferably have experience of sex work
- Have own computer and/or access to a computer and be computer literate
- Be familiar with the current legal situation facing sex workers and the organisationsinvolved in advocating for decriminalisation of sex work in South Africa
- Plain language writing skills
- Writing and editing skills
- Social Media skills
- Ability to work with different stakeholders, government and non-governmentalDuration: June to October 2022 (20 days over 5 months)
R 30 000 ( R1,500 per day)
If interested, please send a motivational letter and your CV to Jayne Arnott at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, if you do not hear from us by the 1st of June 2022, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. The organisation reserves the right not to make an appointment.