Sonke Gender Justice (SGJ) is a womxn’s rights organisation that is committed to feminist principles, using a rights-based and gender-transformative approach to achieve human rights and gender justice.
The Sex Worker Rights’ Project within SGJ focusses on working within partnerships and coalitions to advocate and lobby for sex workers rights in South Africa. The Asijiki Coalition is one such partnership where we wish to strengthen participation in and we are therefore seeking a person who wishes to engage in advocacy work around sex workers’ rights. Applicants must have experience of sex work. This is an opportunity to build on your skills and contribute to the work towards achieving decriminalisation of sex work in South Africa.
The consultancy will run from June to October and require 15 days of work.
- Must have experience of sex work
- Have own computer and/or access to a computer and be computer literate
- Be familiar with the current legal situation facing sex workers and the organisations involved inadvocating for decriminalisation of sex work in South Africa
- Report writing and minute taking skills
- Ability to work with different stakeholders, government and non-governmental
- Attend Asijiki Coalition events, campaigns, and meetings.
- Assist with logistics and attend Coalition and Partnership / other meetings arranged by SonkeGender Justice as required.
- Serve as Sonke Alternate Member on relevant parliamentary committee meetings and othermeetings relevant to the sex work sector.
- Provide a monthly report with supporting documentation.
- Provide a minute/ report for each meeting/ event attended.
- Attend monthly supervision session.
R 21,450 (R1,430 x 15 days)
If interested, please send a motivational letter and your CV to Jayne Arnott at email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, if you do not hear from us by the 1st of June 2022, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. The organisation reserves the right not to make an appointment.