With a full-time staff of about 100 people working from offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Agincourt, Sonke works globally and across Arica to strengthen government, civil society and citizen capacity to take action to promote gender equality, prevent domestic and sexual violence and reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS. (see https://genderjustice.org.za).
Sonke is seeking to appoint a Creditors Clerk in its Finance Unit.
About this position
The Creditors Clerk will be responsible for the full creditor’s function of the organization and ensure that all creditors (national and international) are paid accurately and timeously. The position requires the processing of reconciliations against supplier’s statements, capturing invoices onto pastel evolution, dealing with queries, ensure compliance with Sonke’s financial policies and procedures, assist with audits and financial reports.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Perform supplier reconciliations in preparing requisitions for payments;
- Reconcile purchase orders to invoices;
- Ensure invoices are accurately captured on Pastel on a daily basis;
- Receive and check all payment requisitions in accordance with Sonke’s policies and procedures;
- Load payments on the online banking system;
- Ensure that the banking details on supplier invoices match that of the creditor being paid;
- Respond to all queries relating to payments;
- Perform monthly supplier reconciliations to support all payments to approved suppliers;
- Deal with queries from creditors and staff regarding payments;
- Load new creditors on the online banking system;
- Obtain reserve bank approvals and ensure approvals are renewed before expiration;
- Accurate and timely processing and loading of telegraphic transfers on the online banking as well as manual submissions to the bank; and
- Provide monthly creditors age analysis for review.
Support the finance team with the preparation of internal and external finance reports.
Assist the finance team in the preparation of the annual audit as well as donor specific audits.
Qualifications and experience
- A tertiary qualification in Accounting or Bookkeeping and/or short bookkeeping courses;
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a finance unit performing creditors/accounts payable duties, preferably in a medium sized NGO;
- Previous working experience on Pastel Evolution;
- Sound accounting knowledge;
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize time and work effectively;
- Pays attention to detail, displays a high level of integrity and is deadline driven.