The United Nations Trust Fund (UNTF) Safe at Home, Safe in Relationships is a multi-partner, multi-country project that has been implemented since January 2020 and will end in May 2023. The project, led by Sonke Gender Justice (Sonke) has been implemented across South Africa and eSwatini in partnership with SWAGGA and Mosaic. The project’s overall goal is for women and girls living in these three project sites, and Southern Africa more broadly, to experience safer, more equitable, and respectful relationships with their male partners and community members. The project aimed to achieve its goals by providing capacity building to individuals, including women and girls, men and boys, and community members around harmful social and cultural norms, and their linkage to Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) through gender transformation workshops, community outreach events, and the strengthening of referral networks and IPV legislation and policy.
Purpose of this Consultancy
Sonke seeks to recruit the services of a consultant to conduct an evaluation of the Safe at Home, Safe in Relationships project. The summative evaluation is aimed assessing the following.
- Assess the performance of the project against its intended objectives and impact over the period January 2020- May 2023
- Determine whether the planned objectives and targets were achieved,
- Whether the project reached the intended beneficiaries and the factors which directly and indirectly resulted in this achievement or lack thereof.
- Assess the effectiveness, relevance, efficiency, impacts and sustainability of the project and consider efficient use of resources and external factors which affect primary and secondary beneficiaries.
- Make recommendations which will inform future projects and interventions and outline best practices.
The estimated duration of the summative evaluation is 4 months, starting 3 April 2023 and ending 31July 2023 when the final report will be submitted. Within the first 2 weeks of the consultancy, the consultant is expected to produce an Inception Report, including a detailed work plan and methodology. The consultant is expected to convey the main findings and recommendations in a meeting with Sonke and partner staff before finalization of the report.
How to apply
Should you wish to apply, please send as five separate documents to Nombulelo Mazwi by COB 6
April 2023. If selected, induction will start on 14 April 2023.
- Brief 1-1.5-page cover letter citing your relevant expertise for the consultancy.
- Detailed CV including examples of similar evaluations completed (4 pages maximum)
- Detailed quotation
- Short proposal including work plan and budget.
- Example of similar work completed.